The Sail Loft is positioned in the centre ofSteephill Cove, commanding outstanding views of the sea and coastline. It is a delightful, refurbished and updated property, that has a charm all of its own.
Steephill Cove is situated on the southern tip of the Isle of Wight. Often described as the island's 'best kept secret,' this fishing cove is accessible only by foot. There are no cars or light pollution, making it a great place for star gazing. Although for some it can be difficult to find at first, of those that do discover this 'mini paradise', many return year after year.
During the day in the summer, the cove has several delightful eateries selling freshly caught crab and lobster, by the resident fishermen. The Crab Shed 01983 855819 selling the now renowned Crab Pasties, The Boathouse Seafood Restaurant 01983 852747 booking recommended and also The Beach Shack Café.
The beautiful Botanic Gardens is located directly behind the cove, adjacent to the local cricket pitch. Nearby is the lovely Ventnor Park with its outdoor gym and a putting green with café (in season). Just a short 15/20 minute walk along the coastline, is the Victorian seaside town of Ventnor, where there are pubs, restaurants and local shops.
Upstairs, the Sail Loft has a south facing double bedroom with balcony that looks directly out onto the beach. The rear bedroom is a twin room. Downstairs is the sitting room (with TV, DVD, iPod dock), the kitchen and the toilet/bath/shower room. Internet connection is available in the property.
- Outside, the Sail Loft has its own private decking area, with two lounge chairs, a table and 4 seats.
- The kitchen is fully fitted with gas oven, microwave, toaster etc.
- Bedding and towels are provided. [But we ask visitors to bring their own beach towels.]
- The Sail Loft has its own beach hut to change in and storage for beach gear.
- There is parking at the top of the Cove for 1 car..
- [Sorry we do not allow Dogs.]
- The Sail Loft is a no smoking property.